Here’s a good perspective a friend of mine posted on Facebook.
For weeks I have heard people saying:
“ I just can’t wait for things to be back to normal.”
I remember even saying that a few times myself.
But as I’ve thought about our current situation I have realized how much I DON’T want things to go back to the way they were. Here are a few of my thoughts why…
1. I pray that the next time a friend grabs me and pulls me in for a hug, I actually take the time to appreciate the gift of their embrace.
2. I pray that the next time I’m sitting in a crowded restaurant I take the time to look around at the smiling faces, loud voices and thank God for the gift of community.
3. I pray that the next time I’m standing in church listening to the voices of praise and taking communion that I take a moment to thank God for the gift of congregation.
4. I pray that the next time I see a person or situation that needs prayer, I hope I pray as passionately and fervently as I have these past few weeks.
5. I pray that when I am at the grocery store that I take a moment to thank God that He provides us with the necessities of life and the amazing people who work so hard to keep us supplied.
6. I pray that I never again take for granted the ability to hop in the car and visit a friend, go to the mall, or even go to the park, etc.
So, truth is, I don’t want things to return to the way they once were. I pray that we take the lessons and challenges of the past few weeks and create a new normal.
My goal is to pray more, love harder, and truly appreciate the daily abundance of blessings that were so easily overlooked just a mere few weeks ago.
We really do need a new normal and to be more thankful!
More encouraging stories here: New Blog Index
For a guaranteed reservation to Heaven go here: Guaranteed Reservation in Heaven!